We made our second trip to a pumpkin patch just a few days later. This was with Tanner's first grade class. Though it was a different patch with different experiences, we still love all the fun that comes with the fall!
Tanner happened to be "leader" that day, so he got to lead the class off the bus and onto the hay ride.
Whenever I bring Colin to anything at school, we get a lot of comments about how there's a "mini Tanner"! Poor Colin! Though you'll soon see, Colin gets his own way with these experiences regardless.
Mrs. Webber, Tanner's Kindergarten teacher from last year came along for the ride too.
We stopped for lunch after the hay ride....
...and did a little pumpkin hunting. This partiular patch didn't have the fun variety of pumpkins like the last place did. You just got one "pie pumpkin" and each child had to pay to go on the field trip. The other place was free. Both were nice experiences.Colin found his "perfect pumpkin", then posed for the camera. Is this why my husband likes candids better?
Yeah, well I think he is pretty cute just the same!
So is this guy! Though I'll be honest, it took a few shots before I got this one too!We all wrote our names on the bottom of our pumpkin then left it in the bin to be picked up by the farmer and brought back to the parking lot. That was a nice service since these little guys needed their hands for some other FUN!
Namely the hay maze!
And feeding the animals.
Did I mention something about Colin rounding up his own fan club? He somehow does a nice job of this. Maybe its because people look at me with my hands full of baby and just take pity on him, I don't know, but he usually holds his own quite well when we go places.
Here's Mrs. Horn, Tanner's first grade teacher. The farmer gave her these beautiful sunflowers on our way out to say "Thank you" for coming. I really think he was saying "bring em back next year!"
Colin signing up for farmer service. Anything that has 4 wheels and moves is worthy of his attention.
It was a beautiful autumn day and we had a great time together!


No comments:
Post a Comment