Monday, December 5, 2011

Lexie's do

November 28, 2010

It started to become a bit of a craze at church for the little girls to wear their hair in a side pony tail.   I noticed this, but since I sometimes try to avoid crazes, I wasn't interested in participating.

Lexie noticed the trend and began begging for this particular hair style to be worn to church one day.  It took some time, but okay, fine, we'll do it. Well, it turned out, that in all my hair-styling "experience and expertise" (ha ha), all the braided crowns, and basket weaves, all the french braids and rag curls, the combination of Lexie's hair and style of ponytail were not meshing well. It took me some time to finally get her hair to do what I needed it to do. In the end, she looked the look and we were pleased.

Honestly, I had no idea what the messages were that day in Sacrament meeting because no sooner did we get to church, then Porter AND Colin seem to be attracted to Lexie's new do. They spent the hour trying to grab at it, snarl it, and sabotage everything I'd just worked so hard to accomplish. Derek and I both just held our breath over the whole thing.

Once Sacrament meeting ending, I knew it was all over. She was off to Primary where Derek and I would not be there to protect her little head from any interceptions. I thought to myself, "Its over. I'm already fascinated to know how I'll see her at the end of Primary in TWO hours. Oh well, we tried."

To my complete shock, at the end of church I found my sweet Lexie with the same hair do as when we left the house 3 hours earlier! Somehow, some angel must have guarded her little head and she made it out just fine. Well, it came to the end of the day. Church had been over for hours. We'd had dinner and playtime with the kids. I put Lexie in her pajamas and noticed that still hours later, her do held strong. I took a bitter sweet picture because I knew, I'd want to forget this day's do, and yet, never want to forget it!



No comments: