This will be our last year attending the University of Missouri Homecoming Parade and Tailgating party. The city is THICK with school spirit here and we joined right in with our black and "gold".
For some, the football game is the most important part of all these festivities, but for us, it's the parade.
Here's the Mizzou Marching Band at their best.
The bag pipers looked GREAT this year too!
Porter spent a lot of time in dad's arms. He had a great view up there, but he mostly spent his time trying to eat the zipper on dad's jacket.
Look what Colin had his eye on!
Missouri has a very large farming community here, so a parade wouldn't be complete without a few farming machines.I have to say, the one area that the Mizzou Homecoming Parade lacks in are the floats. This was probably the best I saw, and this one was quite elaborate. I think they spend all their money on the candy they throw at the kids instead of on the floats. They definitely try to get creative though!
We had a great time as a family at the parade! About half way through the parade, I realized that Tanner was performing in Church the next morning and I was worried he was going to be hoarse from yelling "GO MIZZOU" all morning, but he made out just fine. And all the kids made out with plenty of candy too! Thanks MIZZOU for the great family memories! Good luck on the field!


No comments:
Post a Comment