Monday, December 5, 2011

Halloween party #2

October 29, 2010

I am homeroom mom this year in Tanner's class. The kids in his class all have parents who are really great about being involved, so this wasn't too difficult of a task. Here are the party favor bags I made for each child to take home. I embossed each one with my spiderweb folder. Good thing this was quick and easy! I knew they'd be ripped open and devoured once they got into the kid's hands! Super cute though huh!




This was the first year I actually let my kids be what they wanted for Halloween instead of what I wanted them to be. Tanner really wanted to be a robot. He LOVED watching his costume come to life as we built it over the last week. He was pretty specific, he wanted it to be silver and blue. I found some gauges and dials on Google images and printed them off, cut them out and Mod Podged them on. Once I got them on, I was running out of time and energy to figure out how to put some blue on there. Derek suggested blue painter's tape, which we already had on hand. Brilliant! Tanner was so proud of his costume!

First we started off the party by showing off our costumes in our class.  This was a bit of a "get dressed" time too as each child got their costume on.
Here are all the boys in his class.
And all the cute girls!
One mom made this amazing cake.  It came wired with glowing spider and ghost eyes!
Next we went outside for a parade with the whole school. Don't these guys look like they just jumped out of the TV?!
Here's our cute neighbor Amanda!  I love her witch costume!
After the parade, we came back inside for food and games.
We also brought some Halloween fun packs for the kids to do.
We played charades too! 
I could tell by the look on Tanner's face that he had a GREAT time at his Halloween party!  I'm so glad I could be a part of it! I love you Tanner!

No comments: