My first time going to Time Out For Women was amazing! My mom flew me out so I could be with all the High girls for the weekend! Porter is 11 months now and I'm still nursing, but I knew I'd be coming, so I built up a supply of milk in the freezer and started teaching him how to use a bottle. This meant I'd be leaving ALL of my children for the weekend!
I drove to Kansas City on Thursday night and stayed with a med school friend who lives there. (Thank you Chantel!) We stayed up late catching up, then I was up at 4am to catch my plane.
I arrived first thing Friday morning so mom took me to the temple and then we headed up to Park City to do some shopping. That afternoon we grabbed some Subway sandwiches and waited in line at the Salt Palace to get in. I had no idea how hotly contested those seats would be! But once the conference began, I understood why.
On Saturday morning we were back in line bright and early. Here we are waiting in line together! It was worth the wait too because we got great seats both days.
They give out these darling tote bags to all those in attendance. They become a permanent reminder of the wonderful, "bucket-filled" weekend and of the resolutions made to be a better mom, wife, mother, friend, and sister.
For lunch on Saturday we rush across the street to the Olive Garden. They don't take reservations there unless you have a party of 10 or more. Mom gathered all her friends together and treated them to lunch. It was perfect!
Here we all are! I love you ladies!
Thank moms for such a great weekend! It was truly a treat!


No comments:
Post a Comment