Monday, February 28, 2011

the REAL ellingsons

When I first looked into blogging I felt about a quarter inch tall. I looked at all these amazing moms and all they did for their families.  Their homes were perfect, their kids were perfect, their lives seemed perfect.

That's not really the case and "none of us are perfect" as my mom would always say. And yet, here I am blogging. Often times I pick the "perfect picture" over the one that shows the 5 loads of laundry on the couch.

Well, one day I was looking at my kids.  They were sitting on the couch, some still in pajamas, some dressed. Lexie had a hair-do from yesterday. A dirty face, a smelly diaper, messed up pillows on the couch....but I couldn't get over the fact that I have four amazingly beautiful, healthy, strong, happy, goofy, smart, lovable kids. 

In my eyes, they are perfect. Take it or leave it, this is the REAL Ellingsons.

No comments: