Monday, February 28, 2011

Dairy Farm

It's been a few years since we've been to the dairy farm.  This time Colin isn't a baby and he's fascinated with cows. His love for them comes from the cattle that live in the pasture just off our backyard, so I thought this would be a fun field trip for him. I was surprised by how frightened he was by them once he got up close.

Here's Tanner holding Colin's hand coaxing him into the feeding barn.

All the cows have an electronic disk on them so they can track how much the cows are eating.
 Here's the milking room.
 They had a long row of baby calves that we could feed, and pet. This seemed to be the closest Colin would get to them.
 Tanner and Lexie feeding the baby calf.
At one point I lost Colin for a moment.  I turned around and there he was watching all the trucks and tractors go by. 
 Tanner and Lexie had a bit of fun climbing through the ingredients they use to make up the food for the cows.


1 comment:

ErinandShane said...

I love that picture of Colin trying to get close to the baby cow.