Monday, February 28, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

This summer I took Lexie to see Beauty and the Beast at the Muny in St. Louis.  This is a large outdoor amphitheater where Broadway productions are shown. Derek had a Scouting camp-out that same night, so he took Tanner and Colin camping and I took Lexie and Porter to St. Louis.

I have to preface the experience by telling you that it was a crazy day trying to get camping gear ready and get out of town and and and.  So in the hustle of the day, I asked Tanner if he would please do the dishes for me. He's pretty good at doing them and happy to help, so I didn't think much of it. Well, in his efforts he filled a plate completely full with dish soap and then put that plate right into the dishwasher.  You can imagine what happened when we started the dishwasher just minutes before we all walked out the door to our different activities!

My sweet husband spent some 15 minutes cleaning suds up off the kitchen floor. Just a little advice, if this ever happens to you, put a little fabric softener in the dishwasher and run the cycle, it gets rid of the suds!

Once the suds were cleaned up, we were off to St. Louis! Phew!
There were 4 of us moms that hooked up to take our kids to the Muny.  We got there just as the production started and were hoping to sit in the free seating in the far back.  Well, the seats were all taken and we had QUITE the trouble with our little girls who kept sneaking up to see the show.  The ushers were mad at us because we couldn't keep our kids out of the amphitheater and we didn't have tickets. Finally I walked up to an usher who was resting on a nearby bench.  "Sir, we've come a two hour's drive to see this show tonight and we've got some little girls who will be very disappointed if they can't see it. Is there any way you can help us?" This guy took compassion on us and went and found the House Manager. Before I knew it, we were all seated a third of the way up on stage right!

Lexie had never seen Disney's Beauty and the Beast movie, but she was completely enamored by the Broadway Production. This was truly a treat for us both to see!
 Here's our crew. This was a night we will never forget!

No comments: