Monday, August 1, 2011

Kirksville friends

August 2, 2010

I don't usually do a very good job of getting together with friends when I go to Utah. My kids are too little, they just complicate things and I usually don't have a husband with me. To all my dear friends and family in Utah, I hope you'll forgive me! I do try little by little to see friends, but in a 2 week, or 4 week time period that I may be there, I usually find just one or two old friends to see. This time it just happened to work out to see some very dear to my heart friends from our time in Kirkville.

On the left is Charlotte. Her husband just finished a residency in Internal Medicine in Spokane Washington. He's joined IHC in Logan Utah and their family is settling in and loving life there. Charlotte is pregnant with her 5th child in this picture. I'm not going to say anything about how she is SMALLER than me PREGNANT! My only excuse is that I just had a baby 6 months earlier, but what a lame excuse! Anyway, they both look FABULOUS!

Charlotte came into my life at a time when I needed a guardian angel. She helped me through my first miscarriage and my first year in Kirksville. I learned a lot from her and will always appreciate her wisdom. She is an amazing mother with a level of charity and patience I only hope to aspire to one day.

In the middle is Kerianne Barlow. Her husband is stationed in San Diego with the Navy. He graduated a year ahead of Derek along with Carlotte's husband. I believe he is in the middle of a residency is Dermatology with the Navy. Kerianne has had a rippling affect for good in my life and in the lives of many others she doesn't even know of. She taught me the Bradley Method for childbirth which has been instrumental in the deliveries of our 4 children. I have continued to teach her wisdom to other expecting mothers. Both the deliveries of my children and the teaching opportunites I've had have been some of the greatest experiences of my life. Keriann is also an amazing mother with a wonderful sense of humor!


It had been six years since we had seen each other and in that time we each accumulated four children! Here are all twelve together! What a wondrous sight!


ps: one of these precious children is named "Emily"! Yep, after me!

No comments: