Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sweet Service

Every 1st and 5th Sunday Derek and I both attend Welfare meeting at 7:30am. It is the only time where we are both asked to attend the same meeting. You can imagine what this entails. I have to get myself and my three children dressed and ready for the day with breakfast and leave the house by 7:15am. All without a hubby. This is not impossible!
I asked two young women in our ward who are sisters if they would help me acomplish the task. If I get everything ready the night before, I can pull the kiddos out of bed at 7am and put them right into the car. Pajamas and all. We pick up the two YW and head for the church. There, they dress and feed my kids while I attend the meeting from 7:30am to 8:30am. Amazing huh! Honestly, on these Sundays, I feel royally spoiled! It feels more like a break for me than a gruesome task. The YW claim they'll call it "Personal Progress", but I just can't thank them enough.
This last time we picked them up, they were putting a clean diaper on Colin at the church to help get him ready for church. It nearly takes a professional Sumo Wrestler to keep him pinned down and well, he got away. Which wasn't a big deal until he urinated all over the floor. Those poor girls! This is not like him, in fact, I think the last time he pulled a stunt like this he was 2 weeks old. Nevertheless, they found the janitorial closet across the hall and cleaned everything up.
That afternoon Derek made them a big plate of zuchinni brownies and I made this card for them. I don't really see them smile much when I pick them up at 7:15am, but they sure had smiles on their faces when they saw that plate of brownies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What would we do without a "church family"?