Saturday, September 26, 2009

Spiderman cake


I thought I would be creative and make a birthday cake for my neighbor's son this week. They are always so generous and give my kids nice gifts for their birthdays. I found a picture online of Spiderman (the birthday boy is REALLY into this superhero) and copied the look onto a dome shaped cake. The idea was to have Spiderman climbing up over the dome. I used a big stainless steal bowl for the cake mold. The cake was an Applesauce Spice Cake.
I liked how it turned out. Though, I had to laugh, since we don't own a TV at our house and none of us really know much about Spiderman. Despite my lack of superhero knowledge, thinking of who this was going to, I had a lot of fun doing it!

8 comments:

WrayLynn said...

Great job, Emily! Did you do this freehand or do an edible template of it? I think that's what they're called. Miles is really into Power Rangers but I couldn't find anything so I just bought a transformer toppers for his cupcakes. Oh well. He doesn't know the difference.

Anonymous said...

Wow this cake is amazing! I bet the kids had fun watching you do the decorating!

Montserrat said...

Very cool!

Melissa said...

Wow. Nice cake.

dersley said...

Oh my! That is so cute. It was great to hear from you and to check out how life is going on your blog. I can't believe your little tanner is in Kindergarten. Love ya!

millie said...

hey way to go! it looks super cool! i bet he loved it!

Jessica said...

Wow, that cake is awesome!

Angella and Eric said...

Great cake! I'm impressed.