Here are my cute kids on Easter. The handsomest member of the family was taking the photo! Thanks to grandma & grandpa HIGH for the darling outfits!
You know those surgical costumes/dressups I bought Tanner and Lexie at a garage sale for .50 cents a piece? While Tanner was playing in them the other day, he came to me to tell me about his experience.
“While I was in my doctor suit I had 3 autopsies to do. One of them was a baby that died. A baby doll died. The other two were lizards. One of the lizards was a momma lizard and she had in infection in her hands and feet.”
Today at nap time Tanner came to me to ask me to walk with him to bed. I told him only if I could give him a big hug and kiss too.
Mom: I love you a WHOLE lot!
Tanner: I love you as much as a grandma or grandpa
Mom: I love you as long as a long freight train
Tanner: I love you as much as a REALLY long freight train
Mom: I love you as much as the North American Continent
Tanner: I love you as much as TEXAS
Mom: I love you as much as the Atlantic Ocean
Tanner: I love you as much as the Nile River
Mom: I love you as much as the Moon is round
Tanner: I love you as much as Jesus
Mom: Oh! You win Tanner. There is no one who loves us more than Jesus!
I was putting the kids to bed two nights ago. I knelt at Lexie’s bedside to say her personal prayers with her.
“Dear Heavenly Father, thank thee for me and please bless me, and thank thee for me. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”
I wish I could just package up that self image and self esteem for the next 15 to 20 years.
Next I stood to attend Tanner’s prayer.
“Dear Heavenly Father, please will you bless our home with a baby girl? Help our family to grow…”
Does it scare anybody else when kids do things like this? Who needs presure from grandparents to have babies when you have your own kids telling you its time mom and dad!
The other day I was driving down the freeway. The movie the kids were watching ended and they wanted me to change it to a different one. I told them I was driving and I couldn’t change it at that time. Lexie began hollering at me from the back of the van, “Stop the car mom! Just stop the car and change it.”
Colin is 11 months. He weights a nice 20lbs, 9oz. He is the cuddliest of my three children. He also ADORES his mom. I say this without bragging, though I do believe I bragging rights. He really likes to be with mom pretty much ALWAYS. This week that blessed little tooth #8 finally poked through. He had a bit of a tough time yesterday with it, but he is actually getting down and crawling around for a bit each time he is awake now. I have been taking advantage of this and scurry around the house trying to get things done while he plays and before he realizes he is not in my arms. But as soon as I come into sight, that’s it, he wants up and there no stopping him.
For some reason, I have felt inclined to give Colin all the love he can handle and then some. Perhaps it is because I already know what it is like to loose every ounce of freedom and independence. I am now comfortable relinquishing my own needs, wants and wishes for long periods of time. Perhaps it is because I can see how quickly they do grow and can almost measure that “blink of an eye” where they won’t desire to be in my presence all the time. And perhaps it is because my sweet Lexie, though she loves to cuddle now, had no desire whatsoever to be with mom as a baby. Than there is in the back of my mind the “perhaps if I smother him with cuddles, maybe reverse psychology will kick in and he will want to get down and go play”. Nonetheless, I am just soaking it in while I have the chance and letting pretty much the rest of my life fall to pieces. That is, except for Tanner and Lexie’s basic needs, which they hold me to every chance they can.
oh, ps: Colin continues to scoot everywhere. He knows how to crawl. He's even getting kind of quick at it, but he prefers to scoot. And he does it with one arm and one foot. He also is standing up everywhere he can (which is usually in mom's lap) and has begun to coast a bit. Will this child go from scoot to WALK? tba!


8 comments:
What a great photo! I loved reading your update. And, I'm glad Collin's tooth came through. Brecken's 4th just popped through. All the kid stories are so fun!
Oh my! I can't wait to see, hear, be with you all in person. See you....NEXT WEEK!! We are so excited you are coming for a visit. What great posts. I loved the "I love you as much as Jesus". It's true, you can't beat that.
Would you just hurry and get here already? I can't wait to see everyone!
LOVE the sweater vests. Nothing gets to me like little boys in sweater vests, TOO CUTE!
so cute! i love all your stories. keep them coming! ps, i love lexi's easter dress!!!
Emily can I just say "you are amazing!" You are such a great mom! I am so sad that we are not going to be in Utah at the same time. We are going in June. Hope you have a fun trip!
Thanks for the invite to your blog. It is way more exciting than mine! I have lots of work to do!!!
Beautiful picture, Emily. I love the outfits. It's fun catching up on what you've been up to.
Post a Comment