
Now that I have children of my own and they are just at that age where they are remembering Christmas from year to year, I have found myself so anxious to teach them the real meaning for the season. Last year was so fun as we focused each family night in December on one aspect of the Nativity story. They have nativities of their own to play with and this year Lexie got a paper doll one. (Thank you April!)
One evening about a week into December, I was waiting for Derek to come home from work. All of a sudden I realized that my kids we not going to get to see Santa! It was as if my childhood yanked on my sleve and reminded me of some of the other joys that come during the season. So, I sent Derek a text page and told him to hurry home, we were going to Bass Pro!
This was one of those moments when the husband humors the wife and we both just smile. But we surprised the kids with the trip to see Santa and it was a real treat. Bass Pro sure does Santa up with style!
When we arrived, the first thing the kids saw was a life-size snowman.
Then the kids checked out the trains.
After the photo shoot, there were a couple of activities for the kids to do. As we were driving home, I asked the kids what they liked best about our visit to Bass Pro. Tanner said he liked the Elf who was making a bird house. Lexie said she liked Santa, and Derek said he liked shooting guns with his son!


No comments:
Post a Comment