Monday, January 5, 2009

Lexie's Birthday

My did Lexie get a long, drawn out birthday this year! Her party the middle of November was supposed to be IT, but somehow we managed to find more excuses to continue the fun!

Her birthday fell on a Wednesday this year which meant that Derek wouldn't get to see her since he has Young Men's activities for church on that day, so he went to work a little late and we had a special birthday breakfast with dad.



Then came presents! Great Grandma Knights sent Lexie a hat and a book.


She opened the cabbage patch doll and tutu Derek and I gave her.





She got a PINK card from grandma and grandpa Ellingson with some $$$ in it!



And a book and rubber stamps from Uncle Nathan and Andi and a book from Grandma and Grandpa High. (Sorry, these came a little later and I didn't have my camera when she opened them. But I did take a picture of the card a little later! So cute grandma!)


Lexie is a little behind on Thank you cards due to the holiday season, but they are coming! wink wink!


Next came the PARTY!

Our good friends the McGowans and the Brooks both had a boy with a birthday right around the same time as Lexie's. So we got together for an afternoon of birthday fun. First came the gingerbread houses.

Here is Mark and Connor's


Here is Craig and Kyle's. (Or should I say, Craigs since Kyle was on the other side of the table eating all the candy! Great job Craig!!)




Here is Tanner and Lexie's


Special thanks goes to Naomi who made all the houses!

Doesn't this pic look like an I-Spy?


We had homemade Macaroni and Cheese for lunch. I realized I had SEVEN boys and Lexie in my dining room. BOY was Lexie a trooper! hee hee!



Back when I made Lexie's party cake in November, I made half the batter into cupcakes and the other half into a heart shaped cake and froze it. So, I pulled it out and tried to add some masculinity to it with brown frosting, but it still looks pretty girly in my opinion. Craig and Mark were cool with it! We put 5 candles on one polk-a-dot for Craig turning 5, then 4 candles on another for Mark turning 4, and 3 candles on another for Lexie turning 3. I was plum out of candles by that point, so it was a good thing we didn't have any more birthdays!

We put all three birthday kids together and BLEW!


In the end, that many boys in one house is sure to bring serious chaos, but seriously, it was a blast! And Lexie kept up with the best of them.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Emily, we sent Lexie a birthday present with the package from your parents, the princess rubber stamps and towel were from us and the book about Wilfred ? the mouse was from us too. I wanted to make sure you got that. I thought your pink and brown cake was adorable!!!

Carr Family said...

What a fun birthday and so fun to be able to share with her friends. Your cake was very cute too!