Monday, December 1, 2008

Let it snow!

I haven't posted anything for a while because we've been entertaining family for the last couple of weeks. It has been a wonderful two weeks with many new memories made.

Yesterday morning we got our first snow of the season. The kids heard dad pulling out of the garage at about 6:45am to head to the church for meetings so they jumped out of bed and pulled up the blinds to throw him kisses. As is the daily ritual in our home.

Instead of going back to bed, or playing quietly, Lexie came running down the length of the house yelling, "It snowed! It snowed!" It's not seven yet Lexie go back to bed. "I need to get my coat on." Okay. Get your coat and get back to bed. There was WAY too much energy in the air at this point for ANYONE to go back to bed. I heard the kids looking out the sliding glass doors in the dining room. They were marveling at their new winter wonderland. Soon the energy bubble burst and Tanner and Lexie were running in circles around the house, giggles flying everywhere. Forget "seven", I got up to catch my little snow fairies only to find Lexie had somehow stripped herself of her pajamas. She was running through the house bare naked with just her winter coat on and shouting, "It snowed! It snowed!"
I snatched these pictures upon arriving home from church yesterday. I can't believe they waited all three hours of church to get their hands one some of this heaven-sent white stuff!

This morning we got a new layer once again of fresh white snow. Cheerios and raisin bran devoured, they both began the bundling process of going outstide. I looked at my thermometer, it read 28.9 degrees at 8am.

Tanner: Can we have hot chocolate when we come back in mom?
Mom: "I'm not making you hot chocolate if you only stay out there for two seconds.

Tanner: "Okay. I'll stay out for 3 or 4 seconds. Then can we have hot chocolate?"

Mom: Sure Tanner. I love you.

No comments: