Last week I took a couple of friends and my kiddos to see the Creche Exhibit our church puts on. There is something truly beautiful about the retelling of the Nativity. Here are just a few of the exquisit works we were able to enjoy.


This one came from Equador and is made of corn husks.
They had a most incredible display of the Italian Fontini work. I took MANY pictures, but will post only my favorite one here. All the pieces are hand painted and the work covers what would have been the whole city of David (Bethlehem).
From Germany, this one reminds me of the one sitting in Grandma and Grandpa Knight's home.

A Hawaiian yurt.
From Germany, this one reminds me of the one sitting in Grandma and Grandpa Knight's home.


1 comment:
These were beautiful! I love Nativity scenes and add a new one to my collection every year. Whenever there is a missionary serving in another country I try to get them to buy one and bring it home for me. So far I have one from Ecuador, Mexico, and Guatemala as well as one made from an olive tree from Jerusalem. Thanks so much for sharing these! I can't wait to see what you come up with making one out of paper. i know it will be fabulous.
Post a Comment