September is the perfect month to eat watermelon in Missouri. It's harvest season and they are in their prime. Watermelon have their ups and downs. They are great for hydrating a kid.
Inside and out.
They are messy.
They are flavorful.
And they have these tiny black seeds.
Seeds that are good for spitting................
And well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree at our house. But the seed does. It goes as far from the watermelon as possible.
Mater of fact, we hadn't been in the Bear Creek ward 2 months when we attended their Pioneer Days activity. Wouldn't you know it. They had a watermelon seed spitting contest. Sure enough, Derek won it. The bishop took one look at that accomplishment and knew of the perfect calling for him: Young Men's President.
All because of a seed. We both grew tremendously over the 3 years he served in that calling.
And here we are today, holding a Family Home Evening activity: a watermelon seeds spitting contest with our kids. I wonder which callings they may receive in the future.
I confess, I permitted my potty trainer to be outside in his "potty pants". BUT, I still can't bring myself to spit a watermelon seed. Maybe because I'm afraid of what calling I might recieve as a result! ha ha!
Or maybe because I don't want to add to the mess down my chin, through my shirt, and all the way across the driveway.
Whether you spit watermelon seeds or not, there is fun to be had, talents to be developed and personal growth to be obtained. And ye shall know them by the fruits of their labors...


1 comment:
https://www.cekaja.com/info/mengaktifkan-kembali-kartu-kredit-begini-caranya/
Post a Comment