Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Butterfly House

Our last day in St. Louis we met up with some friends to go to the Butterfly house. It was a rainy day and this was a perfect indoor activity. At first we walked a long coordior where we learned about all sorts of insects.

Can you guess what these are?

Then we went through two sets of double doors into the butterfly atrium. It was 80 degrees in there and filled from floor to cieling with tropical, flowering plants. I felt like I jumped into a lush, tropical rain forest!




This butterfly found Addison's pink bow and stayed there for the longest time. She must have had the right sweet smell because the butterflies just loved her!

Here is a special moth visiting the butterfly house. It stayed open on the tree trunk for all to see it's beauty. Can you see the reptile it displays?






Here's the birthday girl! Happy 3 little gal!

The atrium was a perfect place to get some great shots of the kiddos. I guess brides actually go there for wedding photos too. I wasn't prepared with well groomed kids, but thought I would try just the same to sneak in a few. I had no problem catching Tanner and Colin for a photo, but Lexie let her true colors show.


No way mom.
I'm gonna hide this smile if it kills me.
Okay, so you kill me!
In the end, a smile fit for a princess.
Here's the gang! Thank you to our dear friends for sharing this day with us! We love you!

2 comments:

Tamra said...

You are really good at catching just the right angle. I love the pictures.

Louise said...

That is an incredible camera and photographer! Glad I was inspired to give you that camera!! The pictures are fabulous.... Happy to see it used so well.