I started one night by making her party invitation. April came over and we made a spiral and cut it out with several little birthday icons to make a mobile.
When I was a little girl about four years of age, I remember my mom throwing me a party and decorating the living room with crepe paper all about the cieling. I thought that was the neatest thing in the whole world and asked for it every year after. I did this same thing for Lexie.
Of course we kept to our family tradition of filling the living room floor with balloons!
The morning of the party, I made the cake Lexie had picked out at the store. Can you guess what she picked? PINK PINK PINK!
She kept a close eye on my preparations and helped clean up behind me.
A little girl turning three gets to have 3 little friends at her birthday party. Maybe when we she is 30 and we are out of residency, we'll throw her a bigger party, but three little friends seemed perfect, and it was!
I hid some notes in some of the balloons. We played a game where we pretended to be a balloon, holding hands in a tight circle, then we blew and blew and blew as we grew and grew and grew until we POPPED! Afterwards we went on a hunt for the ballons with notes in them and had a humorous, good time trying to pop them. Each note had an action that we did, like twirling, touching toes, dancing, or jumping.
We decorated sun visors with craft foam stickers and markers and
made bracelets with beads.
For the rest of the day Lexie talked about "her birthday!" I think she had a wonderful time. I know I did!


7 comments:
Schweet partay! It looks like Lexi had a lot of fun on her special day! I love the invites, very creative and stylish!!!
Every little almost three year old's dream! I love how you roll her hair with rag curlers. We do the same thing! Looks like she had a ball. What a sweet♥ she is!
Ruth had a great time. Sorry about the present. Maybe next year she will actually give it to Lexi without having to sneak it out:)
Sounds like a fun party, I can't believe she already turned 3!!
What a princess! Looks like a very fun party. I remember the crepe paper streamers! I wish I was there to help celebrate. Hugs to our cutest grand daughter! We love you Lexie!!!
Looks like she had a party fit for a princess!
I feel honored to know you're feeding the princess craving inside Lexie! I knew it would come out somewhere in this family- her birthday party looked like a lot of fun, she is the most beatiful little princess I've ever seen!
Post a Comment