Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy 6 months Colin!



My how time flies! I'll never forget the day you were born. You came on our date night and a wonderful datenight it was! We walked back and forth over the bridge between the medical towers and the hospital and I would lean into your dad as the contractions would come. With each contraction, he would tell me of a memory we had together over the last 5 years we have been married. It was a sweet walk down memory lane all the while we were anxiously looking forward to your arrival. You came so quickly too! Just two hours of labor and then you slipped right out. Your dad got to deliver you!

When I first saw you, I thought, that looks like a healthy baby! You had lots of fat already built in and you immediately knew mom was holding you just seconds out of the womb. You were a good sport. Well, we were both good sports!

The last 6 months have been delightful. You LOVE to smile and are my first baby to smile and laugh so early. You also love your mom and love to be with me. I've been savoring my moments with you and can see our interactions together that you are one smart kid! You are a snuggler and love to be held chest to chest. It has taken you almost your whole 6 months to feel comfortable being held facing outward, but you are now discovering the world around you and all that there is to explore. I look forward to the rest of your life as discovery will be your main focus for quite some time. Introducing you to this beautiful world you now live in is one of the BEST parts of being a mother. I love being your mom. I love you Colin!

ps: The red hair and drool forever make you my son!



1 comment:

Andrea said...

He is sooo big!!! What great pictures of Colin! I miss him! (and you and the rest of your family too.)