Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lesson # 2


How to dry out a baby monitor or any other piece of electrical equipment. Before I got married, I was the CFO of sorts for a business entrepreneur. He had several small businesses and I managed the finances for 4 of them. The largest and main one being a graphic design studio. As with all good entrepreneurs, he was a bit scatter brained and functioned in large part on flying by the seat of his pants. One particular occasion, he literally did. He came running out of the restroom calling my name frantically. I ran into the hallway to meet him, where he dumped the contents of his cell phone in my hands. They were soaked. Apparently, he received a phone call while using the john. You know the rest…
”Quick Emily! Fix it!” He claimed he rinsed it off, but honestly, wouldn't you have a tough time believing that?
So, I took it over to the t-mobile store a couple of blocks away where the nice gentlemen there sprayed some air into it. To no avail. Briefly, I did feel badly for my boss since I knew every phone number in his life was in that thing and he probably had little back up for it.
I had an extra errand to run to at the grocery store on my way home, so I left the cell phone on the dash board. In the hot, July sun, I was hoping it wouldn’t be completely melted by the time I got back, but at least it would get good and dry. When I came back, it wasn’t melted, it turned on, and has worked great ever since that day.

So, my baby monitor, didn’t get a dashboard treatment, but I did take a q-tip to it and a blow dryer. What a blessing, it works great!

No comments: