Colin really put me through something terrible when he hit two years of age. His keen sense of curiosity got the best of all of us on a daily basis. There was one particular morning I documented when we had returned from the library. I pulled into the garage, parked the car and went to pull the kids and books out. I keep an oscillating fan up against the wall plugged in right where the van door opens. It is there in case one of my kids falls asleep in the van and the garage is a little hot. I can turn the fan on, keep the car door open, and they can get their nap. (Of course my kids don't transfer!) Well this one morning as we were getting out of the car it was the usual: everybody's hungry, everybody's hot, everybody's tired, unbuckle me, can I go get the mail mom?, I want to read that book mom, can we ride bikes?, can we play outside?...type of morning. I unbuckled Coin and Lexie, then pulled Porter out of the car seat and grabbed a few bags before making my way into the house.
Before I could put everything down, I heard a loud crash and Colin crying. I ran back into the garage to find he had turned on the fan full speed, took off the protective cover to the blades, then stuck his knuckles into them. He had a nice 1 inch gash across his hand and he was bleeding. I don't think I have ever taken that protective cover off, I'm still baffled at how he accomplished it.
I spent the next HOUR of my day trying to clean his wound. Every time I turned to grab the band-aid, or soap, or ointment, he had his hands again in dirty water, or touching the toilet, or somewhere where I had to rewash them. I about wanted to cry. Then to top it off, how on earth do you bandage the knuckles of a two year old? The answer: you don't.
So, in the end, I did get them bandaged. Then I sat down to recover. No sooner had I sat down then Lexie came running to tell me Colin was into the Desitin. You guessed it. That clown face is made of DESITIN. And of course, it was on the bandage.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment