We were invited to a high school graduation party for one of Derek's young men from Church back in June. They had a nice dinner served in their back yard, then they turned on a sprinkler and filled their empty garden spot with water. Anyone who dared joined in for some good Missouri fun: Mud volleyball.
I was so grateful Derek was in slacks, a white shirt and tie.
This guy was my favorite. He walked out onto the "court" with a brand new WHITE top and shorts. I overheard one by-standing mother ask him if he was sure about his choice in clothing. Maybe he ought to borrow someone else's? Nope, he was there to play DIRTY!
Derek and I left after a while. We looked at each other and wondered if our kids clued into what these guys were doing. Throwing mud. We hoped not. Gotta love some good ole Missouri flavor!
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment