My position of choice.
6 hours later, he was here! This was not my best labor, but definitely a different experience from the other three. I'm so very grateful he is healthy and strong.
Porter Hans Ellingson
Born the 29th of December @ 4pm.
Weighing 8 pounds, 10 ounces.
Measuring 20 inches long.
Doctor Dad! Derek got to deliver Porter.
Porter has taken on the nickname of "One-eyed Popeye".
The next day the kids came to visit...
Tanner sat down to meet Porter and immediately began to strip him of his blankets and onsie. Then he checked him over. He looked just like a little doctor! He found his toes, fingers, belly, and umbillical cord.
Lexie will make the best big sister! What a lucky kid!
When Derek brought the kids into the hospital room, Colin hadn't seen me in 2 days. He gave me the longest hug which made me cry. Then once he was sure I was still alive and here to stay, he jumped down and became the life of the party. He had a great time tickling Porter's toes.
The nurse said we could raid the fridge, so we did: Ice Cream!


10 comments:
Congratulations on that sweet little one! They sure don't stay that small for long-enjoy! That picture of you in labor brings back some scary memories. Glad you and he made it through happy and sound!
that last picture is so cute! I wish I were there to snuggle!!! Give that baby lots of kisses from his favorite aunt- he may not know it yet but it wont take long. :) Cute Christmas pictures, I loved seeing all the fun you had- and your cute pregnant self!
Oh, you guys are such a beautiful family! I LOVE that last closeup of Porter! And how neat to have Derek be able to "catch" him! You seriously have the cutest kids =).
congrats! What a beautiful little boy!
Congrats! He is adorable!
Hip, hip, hurray!!!! I thought this was the reason for not posting for a bit. I'm so glad mom and baby are doing well. Enjoy Porter and all his wonderful newborness!!!
congratulations! what a beautiful family. we've been thinking of you a lot lately. he's just perfect!
Congratulations! What a handsome little fellow! You have a darling family.
He is so sweet and lucky to have you as his mommy!
Congratulations Emily!! He's a cutie. Probably getting so big now. I know our little guy never ceases to amaze me how much he changes everyday.
Post a Comment