Publish at Scribd or explore others:
On Sunday, Tanner wanted to bring a backpack full of his toys to church. I was running around trying to get everything and everybody to church on time, so opted not to fight him on the issue. We have talked with him before about keeping the Sabbath day holy and he knows that during the Sacrament, we try to be reverent, but I felt tlike this was another opportunity for a teaching moment. I spoke with him for a brief moment during Sacrament meeting and he was so good to put his toys away.
On Monday for Family Night, I pulled out a lesson I had taught to my primary class last year. Thre are two sets of bubbles and two kids that are saying, "As Now I take the Sacrament my thoughts are..." Then there are a whole lot of pictures that describe things that we should and should not think about during the sacrament. After we talked about each one, I mentioned to Tanner that it would be hard for him to be thinking of Jesus if he was busy playing with his toys. He jumped right on this comment and pointed to the bubble with all the "good thoughts" in it. "Oh, I was still thinking all these things while I was playing with my cars!" Then he pointed to the other bubble with the "bad thoughts", "But Lexie was thinking about these things!"
It took quite a bit for Derek and I to hold our composure and finish the teaching moment.


3 comments:
Okay, I've uploaded this document twice and both times it comes up with bubbles in the middle of page two. So, if anyone downloads it, let me know how it downloads. If you can't get rid of the bubbles, I'll e-mail it to you. Sorry!
sometimes it is sooo hard not to break in with the smile. i think i failed with my two-year-old at least five times today. he was hysterical.
hey, thanks for the invite.
What a very cute and simple way to teach about thinking o the Savior during the Sacrament. Thanks for sharing Emily!
Post a Comment