Sunday, February 26, 2012

The wise man built his house upon a rock

March 28, 2011

I taught a class in primary about the wise man who built his house upon the rock and the foolish man who built his house upon the sand.   I had so much fun with it that I decided to recreate the lesson for Family Night. 

Here are my two "houses".  One on a rock, the other on sand.  I like the "castle" look as the house is meant to represent out testimonies of the Savior.  Isn't that how they should be?  Magnificent and grand!  I used a dixie cup to mold the sand and some one inch gravel from our yard for the rock.  I placed everything in a shallow rectangular tupperware bin.  When I poured the water, I tried to be unbiased by pouring it right in the middle.  Watching the sand crumble and fall was fun!  The kids loved this visual.

Here's Lexie's "rocks" for our Family Night treat!  (Chocolate covered marshmallows!)

No comments: