Friday, February 24, 2012

Trains and Two year olds

March 19, 2011

We took the kids to see the train show in town.  Lexie found one to ride.

We saw micro trains.  These little guys were about the size of a match box car.  It was fun to see how everything in the set is built to scale.
Next we saw the medium sized trains. They even let you run the controller here.

Finally we saw the big model trains.  The display for these trains was amazing.  All these fellas are volunteers and definitely train lovers! They have their own train club where they get together once a week just to play trains.  I can see Colin doing this someday!
Lexie and Tanner loved watching the trains too, but Colin won the award for "most fascinated".


 I can't believe I got a shot of him looking away from the trains.  You can tell by the look on his face, he's trying to get Dad's attention to tell him all about this train.
Forgive the multiple shots here, but it's Colin's face you must see. I didn't have a problem getting everyone else to smile, but Colin was in his element.  i don't have time for a photo mom!  These are TRAINS!


We did, indeed, have to console him a great deal in the walk back to our car.  He cried for loss of sight of these beloved trains. 

No comments: