Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tanner's tooth

On Monday morning at 6:45am, Tanner came in and woke me up.  "Mom, I'm throwing up."  I rolled over to see him standing by the side of my bed with a bowl in his hands. Poor kid! I said a silent prayer of gratitude he had enough wits about him to grab a bowl! I helped him take up residence in my bathroom until I could get my own wits about me and in the middle of it all, Tanner says to me, "Mom, my tooth is really loose!".

We had a little talk about not sharing this sickness with his siblings (the last sickness he brought home lasted 3 weeks at our house, of which I was a recipient). This meant he needed to stay strictly confined to the top bunk of his bed. He was SOOOOO good and spent the whole day up there.  About an hour into the morning routine, Tanner yelled for me, "Mom!  I lost my tooth!" We all gathered into his bedroom to see his prized tooth.  I looked at him with what only the eyes of a mother could have and said, "Do you have any idea how difficult it was to bring that tooth in?" Of course he doesn't remember! How is it that as we grow so quickly as little ones, our memory fades us just as quickly?  It was a tender moment to be there when it fell out too. I'm kind of glad that he was home sick when it happened! This marks the end of one stage of his life and the beginning of a new one.

We sent dad, grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles a text message to let them know that Tanner had just lost his first tooth.  Dad replied back and asked him how much the tooth fairy should leave under his pillow.  To which Tanner replied, "I think I should get 100 dollars!"

1 comment:

Carlie Sue said...

That apron is darling, and I can't believe how big Tanner is getting! he deserves a million bucks for that tooth! :) miss you and love you all!