Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Hundred Dresses


It's our last Relief Society Meeting of the year!  We've been reading the book, "The Hundred Dresses" by Eleanor Estes and have a goal to donate 100 dresses to sisters in need within our Stake and the world-wide Humanitary Aid program.  Today I placed boxes at two entrances and by the time church was over, they were overflowing

This Thursday night is the big night!  We will have a nice sit-down dinner, and then hear from 8 very talented actors and actresses share with us from the first two acts of the play, "Savior of the World".  I am continually amazed at how Heavenly Father is in charge of these meetings. They are here to support His daughters. To edify, enrich and encourage.  To uplift the down-hearted, and inspire the soul. I am so honored to be a part of the process and to watch with faith everything fall into place.

2 comments:

Jenny Prescott said...

You sure did do much to build up your fellow beings through this wonderful event. I think all were grateful to make the sacrifice to come on such a cold night.

Tamra said...

I wish I could be there too:)