Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Creatve Highs

I will never forget the day my mom took  me to the library when I was child.  They had just changed the card catalog system from little drawers filled with small cards to computers with databases.  Mom typed in the title of the book we were looking for, one letter at a time, then frustrated, said, "okay, why isn't it doing anything!?"  To which I replied, "mom, you need to hit 'enter'!" 

We've come a long way since then.  And I think she is even more computer savy than I am!  Well, perhaps I should say, "technology" savy.  The woman carries with her EVERYWHERE a Blackberry AND an I-Phone.  She uses them both all day long. Me?  Well, I do have a cell phone. I share it with Derek and Colin. I've arrived at that stage of life where I have to ask my 18 month old for permission to use it. (He's pretty sure its his.)

So, the reason why I am writing all this is because my mom and I just started a new card blog!  This is mostly for mom since she needs a good place to keep her cards and it will give her the opportunity to make comments on the Cricut Messageboard now. 

I can say that I've come a long way with blogging. (Though I have a long way more to go, I confess to aspirations of learning HTML.) So this new blog was fun to put together, then teach mom how to post, edit, upload pics, and add labels.  She did great and caught on quick!

Its a rough start as far as design goes, but I plan on changing things every month or two and maybe learning a few new ropes along the way.  So hop on over for a visit!  We hope you catch the creative BUG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!! ~katrina